Difference (from prior major revision)
) Changed: 5c5
This is a WikiWiki site which means that anybody can create/make/delete entries. I hope this means we will build a healthy community around the issues that matter most to us. So far, we've collected 1,847 text editors listed in the EditorIndex. -- RonPerrella |
This is a WikiWiki site which means that anybody can create/make/delete entries. I hope this means we will build a healthy community around the issues that matter most to us. So far, we've collected 1,853 text editors listed in the EditorIndex. -- RonPerrella |
Welcome to http://TextEditors.org
, your home for text editor reviews, analysis, and commentary by the community at large. Home of the largest collection of text editor information on the web. This site is as inclusive as possible. Any platform, any OS, any chip, any language, etc. There's plenty of room for everyone. If it's a text editor that runs on a computer, the wiki wants to document it.
This is a WikiWiki site which means that anybody can create/make/delete entries. I hope this means we will build a healthy community around the issues that matter most to us. So far, we've collected 1,853 text editors listed in the EditorIndex. -- RonPerrella
Note to contributors: Thanks for adding information to TextEditors. Please take a look at other entries to see the standard format we apply before adding an entry, and think about what [families] it might be part of. Also, add yourself to the Contributors list so we know who is helping out here. --DMcCunney
About Text Editors:
About Using Text Editors:
About Extending Text Editors:
About How to Program text editors:
About Human Language Document Production:
Text Editor Humor:
Text editors on the Web:
About text-editor programmers:
- RobBarnaby - Co-author of WordStar
- MikeCowlishaw - author of LEXX and LPEX text editors as well as the RexxLanguage.
- JanFiala - Author of PSPad
- CraigFinseth - wrote a TextBook on text editors of the EmacsFamily, and an emacs-style editor called Freyja
- JamesGosling - Author of GoslingEmacs
- DavidHamel - author of Boxer
- DonaldKnuth - author of TeX uses Emacs (reference here http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1193856 )
- Philip Hazel - Author of ZED-ICL and NE-ICL
- MarkHessling - Author of THE (The Hessling Editor), maintainer of Regina Rexx
- BillJoy - original author of VI
- BrianKelly - author of TM
- ClarkMaurer - SlickEdit and early IBM E Editor family members, including E, E2, and E3 IBM
- SammyMitchell - QEdit, now called TSE-Jr, and TheSemwareEditor
- BramMoolenaar - Author of VIM
- DanMurphy - Author of TECO
- RobPike - author of Sam, ACME, Help , and other text editors.
- RichardStallman - Designed and wrote GnuEmacs (initially at least)
- BlairThompson - Author of X2
- XavierDeLamberterie - Author of IBM XEDIT
Text Editors of the Stars
About This Wiki:
- WhyWiki describes my motivations for doing this in WikiWiki.
- WikiNode is about this wiki, with pointers to related ones.
- TextFormattingRules is the list of "standard" WikiWiki formatting hints.
- StandardInfoBlock is the standard information "chunk" for each editor that should be filled in.
- ThingsIdLikeToSee is a great place to drop suggestions.
- I try to block WikiSpam -- my thanks to all who have helped keep this site clean.
- Check out our GuestBook to see who has stopped by and contributed. (sign yourself up!)
- Contributors: Who works on this site
- Deprecated - Links to wiki pages that should go away
- SiteOutage - A list of site outages on TextEditors (Only one thus far...)
- [Backend] - Storage for things hosted on TextEditors